family pic

family pic

Papyrus



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cautious Optimism

Happy Valentine's day!  First let me say I have the best valentine in the world!  Everyone thinks they have the best spouse but I think recent events prove definitively that I'm the winner in that category.  So I wish we were together today but with you, every day is Valentine's day!  Love you SOOOOOOOOO much!
Now, onto the news about Carter.  He has now had 3 nights of normal sleep activity (yay!) but his wake-time brainwaves still don't make any sense.  Still, we've made great strides.  He has had little to no seizure activity since his grand mal yesterday and last night he started talking again.  He is once again bright eyed, although still very tired and a little spacey.  Since things don't seem as critical today his doctors are spending more time trying to find a source of the problem so he has a lot of labs ahead of him today, but hopefully the blood-draw will be the most traumatic event of the day.
There is a chance we will be going home, but we've heard that before.  So for now we are practicing cautious optimism.  We'll keep you updated as the day progresses.  Thanks for your continued prayers!

No comments: