family pic

family pic

Papyrus



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, May 11, 2012

Best Pork Chops Ever!

Or at least that I have ever tried.   This is the simplest but most flavorful recipe!  I made them the other night just because I didn't know what else to make...but I was floored.  Give them a go and let me know what you think

Sage Pork Chops

2 t salt
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp black pepper
porkchops
2 T butter
1 cup beef broth Or 1 c water +2 t beef boullion granuals

Combine the salt, sage and pepper and rub into porkchops.
In a large skillet on med-hi heat melt butter, then add pork chops.  Cook for 5 minutes on each side.
If using water and boullion, combine in a small saucepan until warm and the granuals dissolve.  Poor beef broth/boullion mixture over pork chops, cover and simmer.  The original recipe said 45 minutes for bone in but I did boneless so it only simmered about 20 minutes.  Enjoy!
PS you could also make a gravy out of the extra sauce at the end or just serve it as au jus.  So yummy and simple, no?

1 comment:

BriAnna Jenkins said...

Rebecca- I make a recipe that is very similar. It's the first thing I ever cooked for Kris when we were dating! After the meat is browned with the sage rub, I put them over sliced potatoes and pore the gravy like mixture over the top of the potatoes, topped with the chops. Bake for however long my recipe and voila! A whole meal =]