family pic

family pic

Papyrus



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Rebecca's health update! 5/8/14

Good news!  My latest PET scan showed no visible activity!  That means they can't see any cancer cells anywhere in my body!  Chemo did its job.  However, there is still a small mass in my chest about 1.2 cm at its thickest point (was originally 19x16x11cm) that may never go away.  Because of this they are recommending radiation therapy so that we can be sure everything there is dead.  If we didn't do radiation and there were some dormant cancer cells there, in a couple of months we could have regrowth which we do not want.  So we will "nuke" the site, "its the only way to be sure." (name that movie?)
Therefore I will meet with the radiation oncologist next week and begin radiation treatments probably around the 19th.  They should take 3-4 weeks and they are 10 minutes M-F.  They shouldn't make me sick like chemo and my hair will start to grow back.  The biggest complaint from radiation patients is fatigue which can be excessive but hopefully I'll be done with treatments the first or second week of June and then the kids and I can look forward to a lazy summer of sleeping in, resting, and hanging out together.  No big, long trips for us but we'll get to spend some time with both sides of the family for a few days each.  Other than that we will just focus on getting well and making memories!
I cannot express the gratitude I have for the immeasureable love, support and service you have given us during this ordeal.  Words will never be adequate.  We love you all even more than we did before.

1 comment:

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

So glad that you are done with chemo! I hope the radiation treatments pass by quickly.