family pic

family pic

Papyrus



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Memorial Day

With Aunt Jenny and Uncles Jon and Paul visiting we had a really fun Memorial Day.  We did go on our yearly pilgrimmage to visit Aunt Katy's grave where the girls got to hear some of Aunt Jenny's memories of Aunt Katy (mom was too little to have any memories to share) and I think they really enjoyed learning more about their departed aunt.
My sweet, sensitive Mikayla also wanted to visit her friend Lucy's grave.  Lucy drowned a year ago and ever since Mikayla has said she is one of her angels, always nearby and making Mikayla feel less lonely.  I got directions to the cemetery from Lucy's mom, but it wasn't until I got there that I realized finding Lucy's grave was going to be like finding a needle in a haystack!  Luckily the Spirit was with us, because once I finally parked and decided to look around Mikayla pointed me in the right direction and we couldn't have been more than 50 feet from Lucy's grave site.  That little girl is so inspired!  

No comments: