family pic

family pic

Papyrus



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Experiment in Hybrid Cooking

Tonight's dinner was an experiment in hybrid cooking, and a successful one at that. I had a migraine, so naturally I needed comfort food, which for me is spelled M-A-S-H-E-D P-O-T-A-T-O-E-S. Growing up my mom used to make a simple chicken dish whenever she needed a really fast dinner, where she would just put chicken or pork chops and a can of cream of mushroom soup in a pan and heat it up and serve it over rice. As I've grown up I rarely make this dish, preferring more complex flavors like rosemary chicken, but I didn't feel up making something quite so laborious. Hence I made this "cheat" for rosemary chicken that ended up more of a hybrid than a cheat. It served FANTASTICALLY with creamy mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. And with minimal effort it was on the table in less than 30 minutes. Let me know if you enjoy it as much as we did.

Rosemary Mushroom Chicken
2 Tbls EVOO
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you could easily substitute thighs)
1 tsp dried rosemary (or 1 TBLS fresh)
salt & pepper
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup

In a large skillet heat the EVOO and garlic, about 1 minutes. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and rosemary on both sides and add to pan. Brown chicken, about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Add soup, turn heat down to low, cover, and let simmer about 5 minutes. Serve the extra sauce as a gravy.

No comments: